1. The name of the school is St Columba’s Catholic Primary School.
2. The School was founded by and is part of the Catholic Church. The School is to be conducted as a Catholic School in accordance with Canon Law and the teachings of the Catholic Church, and in accordance with the Trust Deed of the Archdiocese of Liverpool and in particular:
(a) religious education is to be in accordance with the teachings, doctrines, discipline and general and particular norms of the Catholic Church;
(b) religious worship is to be in accordance with the rites, practices, discipline and liturgical norms of the Catholic Church;
and at all times the school is to serve as a witness to the Catholic faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
3. The School is a voluntary aided school in the trusteeship of the Archdiocese of Liverpool and is an exempt charity for the advancement of the Catholic religion in the diocese in such ways being charitable as the Archbishop shall from time to time direct.
4. The name of the governing body is “The Governing Body of St Columba’s Catholic Primary School”.
5. The governing body shall consist of:
(a) seven foundation governors;
(b) two parent governors;
(c) the head teacher;
(d) one staff governor;
(e) one local authority governor
6. Total number of governors is twelve.
7. Foundation governors shall be appointed and may be removed by the Archbishop of Liverpool (or any other person exercising Ordinary jurisdiction in his name including, where the See is vacant or impeded, the person or persons on whom the governance of the See has devolved).
8. The term of office for every governor is four years.
9. This Instrument of Government comes into effect on 1st September 2016.
10. This Instrument of Government was approved by the Archdiocese of Liverpool on 1 June 2015 and made by order of Knowsley Local Authority on 17 July 2015.
11. A copy of this Instrument of Government must be supplied to every member of the governing body (and any head teacher if not a governor), and the Archdiocese of Liverpool.