Mrs Oprey (Class teacher/DHT) / Mr Appleton (TA/sports) / Mrs Clegg (EYP/TA3)
You can now find out what we have been up to by checking out our Nursery Blog. We put up lots of pictures and explain what we have been learning about and the fun we are having!
Come and join us.
Mrs Oprey (Class Teacher)
Nursery is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). Our curriculum is designed according to the New Early Years Framework for the Foundation Stage (EYFS). The EYFS is made up of seven areas of Learning and Development.
There are three prime areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional development
- Communication and Language
- Physical development
and four specific areas.
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive arts and design
All areas of Learning and Development are connected to one another and provided in both the inside and outside learning areas.
Children’s learning, progress and achievement are continually assessed by staff so that they can plan activities to meet children’s individual learning needs. We plan and organise the curriculum so that it progresses and is differentiated according to the child’s stage of development. Learning is active, play based, creative and includes first hand experience.
- Entry to the Nursery: Please download an application form or collect one from our office. Then bring this form to school to go on our waiting list.
- Nursery session starts at 8.50 am and we finish at 11.30. We also have a breakfast club which starts at 8.30am.
- Nursery children wear a school sweatshirt or cardigan, blue polo neck shirt, grey school trousers or a skirt and sensible black school shoes.
CBeebies – www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies
Mr Men – www.mrmen.com
Nickelodeon – www.nick.com
Seussville – www.seussville.com