Welcome to St Columba’s nursery class blog. We will post lots of pictures of our learning adventures in school. We hope you will enjoy looking at these with your children and that this will help them to tell you all about their busy days.
Come and join us.
Mrs Mannion, Mrs Clegg and Mr Appleton
Nursery is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). Our curriculum is designed according to the New Early Years Framework for the Foundation Stage (EYFS). The EYFS is made up of seven areas of Learning and Development.
There are three prime areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional development
- Communication and Language
- Physical development
and four specific areas.
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive arts and design
All areas of Learning and Development are connected to one another and provided in both the inside and outside learning areas.
Children’s learning, progress and achievement are continually assessed by staff so that they can plan activities to meet children’s individual learning needs. We plan and organise the curriculum so that it progresses and is differentiated according to the child’s stage of development. Learning is active, play based, creative and includes first hand experience.
Every Friday your child can choose a ‘share book’ to bring home. Please enjoy reading this together. Fostering a love of reading in a young child is key to unlocking their potential. Stories shared at bedtime (or any time) are not only precious experiences, never forgotten, but something you can do to open the door to every other learning experience they will meet on their journey to adulthood.
- Entry to the Nursery: Please download an application form or collect one from our office. Then bring this form to school to go on our waiting list.
- Nursery session starts at 8.50 am and we finish at 11.30. We also have a breakfast club which starts at 8.30am.
- Nursery children wear a school sweatshirt or cardigan, blue polo neck shirt, burgundy tracksuit bottoms and sensible black school shoes.
CBeebies – www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies
Mr Men – www.mrmen.com
Nickelodeon – www.nick.com
Seussville – www.seussville.com