St Columba’s Catholic Primary School commit to making it our mission to promote positive Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health for all our pupils and staff. We will strive to create an environment that has a whole school approach, ensuring that the message that ‘mental health is everyone’s concern’ is heard. We will put the wellbeing and mental health of our school community as a top priority and commit to our policies to reflect this. We will provide excellent mental health support, understanding and intervention to our whole school community.
We have signed up to the Well Being Award to further develop our work to promote positive well-being and mental health for the whole school community and gain accreditation for the work we have already done. It also ties in with our school strategy to help our students become caring, active citizens and achieve excellence.
During these very trying times and an extraordinary school year for our children, staff and all their families we hope with this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting mental health as part of everyday school life.
- Improving the emotional well-being of our staff and pupils.
- Ensuring mental health problems are identified early and appropriate support provided.
- Offering provision and interventions that matches the needs of our pupils and staff.
- Promoting the importance of mental health awareness.
- Capturing the views of parents, pupils and teachers on mental health issues.